So I just got home from my last day at work and my last day in the city. It was a pretty good day because I think we were all just so glad that the summer was coming to an end. This was a long last week, with some late nights and a lot of work.
Yesterday we got to talk to someone on the editorial side who is a fashion writer and editor. It was great to talk to someone who was doing something more in line with where I see myself going. She was telling us how she got started and giving us some great advice. I plan on e-mailing her and keeping in touch with her to ask questions and keep my name in her mind.
The bosses gave us a little break today to give us a little goodbye party with ice cream and chocolate-covered strawberries. They also gave us each a purse filled with some small presents. It was a little emotional when we had to leave, but mostly because I really will miss the other interns. We were with each other for so long and it's going to be weird not seeing them every day. I started to tear up a little when I had to say my last goodbye. Then I spent a little time in the city because I wasn't ready to leave it yet. So I did a little shopping.
But I couldn't stay long, so here I am back in my room again for the last night. It's going to be interesting to see how I manage to pack everything. But I am ready to get home now and see my family and have the school year start up again.
What an amazing summer this has been, and I am so grateful to my parents for helping pay for everything, to God for giving me this opportunity, and to Oprah! For having a great magazine that thought I deserved a chance in the big city. Thanks everyone for your support. With any luck, I'll be back here in a year with a job that will actually pay me something.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment