Friday, May 29, 2009

T.G.I.F.

This week has gone by so quickly, it just seems like one long day. I can't believe I made it through my first week as an intern! It's been more exhausting than I anticipated. Today me and one other intern had to spend the afternoon organizing the closet and about 12 clothing racks into style and then further by color within the style. Hardly a challenging task, but because it was the end of the week and the closet had to be organized, it took forever.

Apparently it is extremely rare for a magazine to ask their interns to work full time. A lot of my magazine friends will have at least one day off a week and won't be in for full days. I am there from about 9:30-6:30 Monday through Friday, and we will probably only have one day off. But I just have to remind myself that it will look great on my resume as well as helping me gain connections and get an idea of what the magazine world is like.

Tonight I am just relaxing and watching Pride and Prejudice. It hardly feels like a Friday night since I am in and pretty much by myself. But I am hoping I will have some energy this weekend to enjoy my time away from the office. I am going to try to get together with an intern and another UNC student tomorrow to have some fun. Until then, I am going to watch the lovely Mr. Darcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment