Monday, July 13, 2009

Family Visit

Last week was so slow, we were all bored to tears. It was between stories so we had barely anything to do once the shelves were empty. So I am sorry to say there are no good stories there. All of us interns we really just standing around at one point so on Thursday they told us we could go out for lunch or take a break, so we went and took a walk around the Upper West Side, which is a pretty part of the city.

This past weekend, my family came to visit me. They drove up on Friday and put their stuff in the house, then made their way into the city to meet me after work. They walked around for a while and then I met them at Columbus Circle a little after5:00. It was so good to see them and show them the city. We walked into Central Park on Friday afternoon and let Antonio play on the playgrounds for a while before we took the subway back to Penn Station and headed home.

Saturday we caught the bus at 9:30 to head back into the city. I took them to Times Square since it was so close. We went into the Toys R Us and Antonio, Mom and I rode the giant Ferris wheel. We also went into the Hershey's store and M&M World. Both were very touristy and packed with people, but Molly bought a T-shirt to remember the trip by. Here's Antonio being his usual goofy self in M&M World.
Then we walked over to Rockefeller Center and were enjoying the view and the area for a while.
Dad and I walked around in Brookstone and Mom and Molly and I went into H&M for a quick shopping trip. Mom also wanted to go inside Saks Fifth Avenue, so we went up to the designer shoes floor, where I was drooling over all the gorgeous shoes.

We also went to St. Patrick's Cathedral because it was so close and everyone wanted to see it.
We also passed Radio City Music Hall and NBC Studios on our walk around the city. After we had walked around the city for a good part of the day, we headed back to Port authority and caught our bus home. Here is a picture of the beautiful view from a bridge after we came out of the Lincoln Tunnel.Sunday we went to church in Bloomfield and had a nice big brunch before relaxing for the day and enjoying the beautiful weather. Then they left around 8:00. Guys, I miss you already!

Today was incredibly slow again. I can't wait for it to pick back up. Which is should on Wednesday because we have a photo shoot this Friday and then one next week and the week after that. And there are only two days left until Katie comes home from Paris, and I am so excited about that!

Until then, I have some school work to get done so I can get credit hours. Sorry this blog was so short and brief about the weekend, but the work is due Monday and I am going to try to go to Katie's family's lake house this weekend, so I want to have it done by then. Until I finish and can blog again, I hope everyone is having a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment