Monday, July 20, 2009

Oprah's In The House

Apparently Oprah was in the office today. The magazine just got a new editor-in-chief so the staff had a meeting to welcome her, and Oprah was there too. But we didn't know until later when she had left. I can't believe she was there and I missed her! I don't know when my next opportunity will be to meet her, or even see her.

Also, I can't believe I forgot to write about the beauty sale! Last Tuesday, the beauty department had their seasonal closet sample sale. They sell all the old samples they have. Almost everything is only a dollar. Bigger things like perfume bottles or straighteners and curling irons are more like $3 or $5. We had to line up ahead of time, and they let 20 people in for 10 minutes at a time. It was a mad house. There were large bins everywhere, and you had to just dig and grab when you could and sort it out at the end. I barely made it through half the stuff while I was in there, but I got some great stuff.

They donate the money to charity, so I felt good buying it. And all throughout the day there were people from other Hearst mags coming to our floor to partake. It was definitely a great perk of working there.

There's another photo shoot on Wednesday again, and I'm hoping this will be my turn! If not, it will come eventually, but I will keep you guys updated when I hear something.

No comments:

Post a Comment