After we dropped off the accessories to the shoot, the accessories assistant and I decided to get some coffee before we returned to the office. We were in the East Village and went to this adorable coffee place. I definitely recommend that part of the city to those who haven't been there before. Of course you have to see the sights and everything, but downtown is just so pretty and more laid back and not as touristy.
We went back to the office then and were working for a little before more stuff came in for Lauren Hutton that had to be taken to the shoot. So another intern and I were taking the taxi around town for a while picking more stuff up and dropping it off. We got to leave work kind of early since there was little clean-up and I had to come in early.
Thursday we had to unpack all of the things that came back from the photo shoot and make sure everything came back before returning it to the companies. Friday was also a return day, which was when I encountered a jewelry problem. On Thursday another intern and I had been working a return of really expensive jewelry. Then on Friday the accessories assistant came and said the PR guy told her one of the rings wasn't returned. Of course we are almost 100 percent sure we returned it, but we turned the closet upside down looking for it to make sure we hadn't misplaced it. We never found it, and now I am afraid it will reflect badly on me even if it might be the PR guy's fault that he misplaced it when unpacking.
So by the time I left work on Friday I was in a fairly bad mood and was anxious to get to the lake house again and see Katie and her family. I took the bus out of the city at about 6:00 and got into Danbury, Connecticut around 7:30, where Katie and her mom picked me up and took me back to Lake Waramaug with them. We were realxing the whole night since it was kind of late.
Saturday we woke up and went to get donuts with some of her cousins. Then I went with Katie and her mom to Village Fair Days in New Milford, which is when tons of local and some non-local businesses set up stands of either stuff to buy or free stuff. Naturally Katie and I made a sweep of the free tables and we also bought some Bavarian glazed nuts, which are covered with some kind of sugary goodness. We were there for about 2 hours before we went home and back down to the lake. We were then either laying out or on the boat on the water until about dinner time.
We had mojitos again before dinner, then we had fried chicken. After, Katie and I were reading and relaxing before we joined up with some of her cousins and played cards all night. This morning we went to church and then went to do some thrift store shopping in another little town. For the last hour before I left, Katie and I went down to the water just to sit, and I was just so overwhelmed by how pretty it was and it's ability to make you completely relaxed. It was so easy for me to forget about anything else while I was there, and now I really don't want to go back to work. I was very spoiled while I was there, and I don't know how long it will be before I see Katie because she is leaving on Saturday.
Here are some pictures of the lake and the house that I was staying in while I was there.

Isn't it great? I am already homesick for it. It's nice to know that if Katie and I do move to the city after graduation, we will at least have that close by when we need vacations. Now I have to get back to reality and realize I have to work tomorrow, so I am going to bed. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment