Last week was crazy. We had another photo shoot on Friday, so the week was spent preparing for it. The stylist that was doing the story didn't think we had enough accessories for the story, so she called in a bunch of last-minute things. So there were bags of purses and shoes and jewelry coming in, as well as new clothing for another story we are starting this week.
Thursday I had to help check out all the jewelry so that we would have a record of what was being taken to the shoot. And the other interns had to help check out clothing and accessories. Then we had to pack everything up. Friday I had to be at work at 8:30 in the morning to help the accessories assistant take everything to the shoot. It was in a studio downtown, so we had to catch a cab. We were at the studio for about an hour and a half setting up, grabbed some breakfast because the shoots are always catered, and then headed back to the office around 10:30.
Then around 3:00, more jewelry came into the office that was supposed to be sent straight to the shoot. And even though the shoot was almost over, the stylist still wanted it, so I had to go take it to them. So I got to hail a cab for the first time since I have been in the city! I got there and helped them set it up, then took a taxi back. And since me and one other intern came in early, only the one working the shoot and the fourth one had to stay to help pack up. So I was out of there by 5:30.
I was home by 7:15 and was trying to clean up a little. Then at about 8:00, Katie and her mom and her brother showed up at the house. We had a cookout with ribs and lots of other great food, then cake and apple crisp and ice cream for Mr. Tallmadge's son's birthday. Then we all went to bed around 11:00. The next morning the Holden's and I went to Mr. Tallmadge's cheese shop because none of us had seen it, and were on our way to the lake soon after.
We got there at about 1:00 and ate a quick lunch and went down to the water. It was such beautiful day and we were all enjoying the water and the sun. Then we did a little water skiing, and I tried it for the first time. I managed to get up the first time, but wasn't up for that long before I took a fall, right on my butt. It hurt really badly, but I decided to try again. I got up again the second time and was able to ski for a little longer.
Then we did a little relaxing until Mrs. Holden made us drinks, and Katie and I had mojitos, which were delicious and used the mint that was growing right outside in their garden. We also had some of the cheese we got at the shop as appetizers. Then we had barbecue for dinner. It was AMAZING because it tasted like the stuff from home, none of this northern barbecue crap. And finally, we had deep dish apple pie that Katie and I made from the fresh apples they picked from one of their trees. It tasted even better since we had taken the time to bake it.
Then we went up to another lake house on the property (theirs has three different houses shared among extended family). I got to meet more of Katie's aunts, uncles, and cousins but there were so many I couldn't keep them apart. We only hung out a little before every started getting sleepy and we went back down to our house.
Katie and I were up a little while longer because she wanted to give me the presents she got me on her trip. She got me a Carolina blue leather change purse from Florence, French candy, a rock from the beach at Nice, and because I asked her to bring me back a French man she got me this little decoration that was a French man with little olive picks that you could stick in it. She said that was the only French man she could get to come home with her.
This morning we went to church in this little stone church on the other side of the mountain. It was very picturesque on top of the mountain and surrounded by farm land and cute little barns. Then we got home and went down to the water again. I got a lot of sun and am kind of red, but I am hoping it will turn into a tan. The others went to take a hike, but Katie and I were too tired to attempt that, so we stayed and relaxed. Around 4:00, one of Katie's cousins or second cousins or something like that drove me home because she was going back to NJ anyway. So now I am home, but I am already ready to go back. I will probably go back next weekend because all the fairs are going on. It's just so nice to get away from the rush of the city and all its concrete and get back to nature. It was the first true vacation I have had since I got here, and it was worth every minute.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment