The internship is getting even better because now that we have learned the basics, they are giving us bigger roles. Yesterday the assistant fashion editor put me in charge of keeping track with all the clothing and accessories that come in for one of the stories (I can't tell you what it's about-that would be cheating!). So I have to invoice all the stuff that comes in for it and make sure we have the prices and press information, and contact the companies when we don't. So it gets kind of hectic trying to deal with it all when it gets busy. Yesterday there was a run-through and though we didn't get to sit and watch, it was done in the closet so we could hear what was going on. It was really interesting to hear how they decided what kind of clothes and accessories were going to go in the story and putting together the outfits.Today Mrs. Tallmadge (the Tallmadge's are the people I am staying with) left for the Galapagos Islands with her sister, who lives in the city. They are going to be gone for about two weeks, so while they are gone her sister is going to let me stay in her apartment. She lives in the Upper East Side, near the corner of 90th and Madison Ave. Mrs. Tallmadge stayed with her sister last night since they had an early flight this morning, so I drove into the city with them last night to drop her off and see the apartment.
She lives on the first floor, which is nice so I won't have to wait for elevators or climb stairs, and there's a 24-hour doorman. The apartment isn't super fancy, but it is adorable and she decorated it really nicely. I will just be staying there on the weekends, but I am SO excited to be in the city and not have to commute when I want to go out or see things. Where she lives has a lot of museums nearby, so I could go to a few and then take breaks and go home for lunch rather than having to buy an expensive lunch. I'm going to try to pack as much as I can into these two weekends!
No comments:
Post a Comment