Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Over The Hump

Finally more than half-way through the week. This week, the assistant fashion editor (the one who hired us and is technically our boss), is away on vacation. Bad timing too, because there's a lot going on. We're working on a Under $100 bags story, so there are purses everywhere in the closet right now. In order to help things run smoother, they have divided us up into assigned tasks for the week. So two of the interns are dealing with accessories the whole week, one is on clothing, and I am the floater, doing whatever anyone around the office needs.

Tomorrow morning is the run-through for the Under $100 story, so we had to spend the day pricing and setting up bags. They are also getting ready to shoot the makeover story, so there are outfits everywhere.

We have a free table at work where staffers put samples they get and are allowed to keep. There are almost always books there, but a lot of times there are also some really good snacks. Yesterday there were some white chocolate-covered balls of chocolate. In an office of almost ALL women, it's no surprise that these random treats drastically improve everyone's mood. So today I took it upon myself and brought in a bag of M&Ms for the closet girls. And for me, of course. Needless to say the bag was empty by noon.

I get next Friday off for the Fourth of July weekend, so I am counting down the days. Only about one more week until I get a real vacation!

Katie has been emailing me from France. They spent last weekend in Italy and then went to Nice for a day and the beach. I think she started fashion classes this week, and was offered the opportunity to work at the biggest fashion show of the season. I am so proud of that girl. And I can't wait until she gets back! Until then, maybe I'll get the chance to hang out with her family at their lake house in Connecticut. I could use a little quiet and nature, and less cement!

Also, I would like to add that one of the interns said y'all today. I must be rubbing off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment