Thursday, June 18, 2009

Longest Week Ever

I can't believe this week isn't over yet. We have been coming in early and working late almost every day. Monday and Tuesday were busy for me because there was a run-through for products in a story, and I had to make sure we had everything and all the information to go with it or contact the necessary people to get it. That meant Monday evening when I wasn't leaving the office until 7:30, I decided to go back to the apartment in the city, rather than go all the way home to NJ like I had planned. Especially since we had to be in early the next morning to set up. So I had to lug all 3 bags around with me again.

Wednesday and today were so busy because there was a photo shoot today, so we had to help get everything in and organize it, then pack and unpack everything for the photo shoot. This time it was actually held in our building, and I got to go down and see the end of it when we had to help them pack up. It seemed like a cool experience, and I can't wait for my turn to assist at one of them. But I was so exhausted last night that I cam home and went to bed after about 5 minutes.

This weekend, I will be going back to the apartment in the city. I will have to try to cut down on all the stuff that I bring with me because I don't want to try to make it through the subway turnstiles with all my stuff. New York City isn't very accommodating for people with lots of bags, especially when you are trying to fit hundreds of people in the subway car on their way to work. I'm going to keep it low key this weekend because I need some serious rest. I have also let myself forget that I have other work that needs to be done, like an article I have to write for Blue & White magazine at school, as well as work to do to get credit hours for this internship. It's so easy to forget that I am still technically a full-time student. I have let myself get caught up in the energy of the city and my work, but it's back to reality for the weekend, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment