So, I'm sitting in my room watching the NBA Draft on ESPN (obviously I have to know where our boys are going) and I just realized that the draft is at Madison Square Garden. Which is right above Penn Station, where I catch my train. Meaning Tyler Hansbrough was right above me for a while. I wish I was there! I saw the line forming outside the Garden this morning, but I didn't even think about the draft ceremony being held there.
But Tyler got drafted to the Indiana Pacers, which I think is a good sign. Now when I go to Fort Wayne with my family, I can sit down with all my male relatives and we can bond over our mutual admiration for Tyler. My roommate Diana and I have already planned to figure out when they come to play the Charlotte Bobcats so we can go be groupies. I also heard two men talking about him today when I was out on an errand, and I so badly wanted to sit there and talk with them, but there was work to be done.
I have gone out on errands twice this week. On Monday I had to run across town to drop something off at a photo shoot. Today I had to go pick up something from Express's main office, and then when I was walking back to the office and was at 7th Ave. and Broadway (one block from work) my boss called me to go get something else. I had to go to a designer's showroom, and the building it was in also had Oscar de La Renta, and I wanted to go take a peek at their showroom, but I imagine security is pretty tight there.
We got out of work at 7:00 today because we had to pack up for the photo shoot tomorrow for the makeover story. Tomorrow will be a slow day, I believe. I take them for granted because I get so bored but it's nice not to be running around crazily while the closet looks like a tornado has run through it.
This weekend I am going to be meeting up with a friend from elementary school. We were really good friends when we went to St. Pius, but I haven't really seen her that much since. But she is super sweet and friendly so I am excited to be seeing her again. People are also always saying that Central Park has lots of free events, so I'm also going to see what I can go to without paying. This is what college students do best, so I'm sure I will find something. If nothing else, people-watching in New York is always interesting. I think the crazies here are extra crazy. There must be something in the water.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment