On Friday, we ate lunch in the cafe of the building with the accessories assistant and an assistant fashion editor. We found out that photo shoots usually do happen in NY, so there will be opportunities for me to go on them, possibly to the cover shoots I think. The editors also spent the time answering any questions we had about the magazine and giving us a general idea about how it's run. They also helped give us advice about what to do to get started and ahead in the magazine business. This is why this internship is more valuable than any class I could take.
Saturday I did some serious shopping. I was in the city for about seven hours. I started out at the stores that I could actually afford, like Forever21, H&M and Payless. Then I walked down 34th Street and Fifth Avenue, stopping in random stores that I passed. It was the first time I had really been down Fifth Avenue, and it's definitely a lot nicer than the walk I take to work, mainly because of all the nicer, up-scale stores.
I got to go in the New York Public Library a little before it closed, and it is an amazing building. The main reading room is very ornate and beautiful. I also randomly saw a lot of NYC landmarks as I was walking along, not really expecting them because I didn't know where they were. I saw Rockefeller Center when I was walking across 50th to go back to the bus station, the Chrysler Building, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and the Empire State Building.
Today I went back into the city to meet up with a friend from high school who is interning with two fashion designers for the summer. We went to spend some time in Central Park, which is way bigger than I ever thought. It was packed with people and especially kids where we were because there were a lot of playgrounds and water fountains for them to run through since it was pretty warm out. People were also sun bathing on the lawns, which I guess makes sense because there isn't really anywhere else for them to do that in the city, unless it's on the roof of a building. But it was nice to go to an area with grass and trees after being around so many buildings and concrete.But now I am trying to wind down before another week back at the grind. Well, really I love going back to the grind, but it's still a little exhausting. So, time to get some beauty sleep. Good night to everyone I love in North Carolina! I think about you guys every day. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment